Monday, September 1, 2008

A little About Me

My name is Elaine Savarese and I am from Hilton Head Island, SC. Before I started college in Charleston I didn’t know what I was going to do with my life after college. I’m still not sure, but I do know that I will probably major in Hospitality and Tourism Management and possibly minor in Business Marketing. What I would really love to do is become an event planner for a large corporation. Whether or not all of these ambitions will be fulfilled and completed I’m not sure of yet. However, if its one thing that I have learned by being in Charleston it’s that nothing that you think will happen happens.
I have lived my entire life in the Lowcountry, however, Charleston is so different from Hilton Head. I chose to live here over the Summer thinking that it was something I was going to LOVE. I did love it, but there were certainly ups and downs that came with it, but most of all it made me realize how much I actually love my hometown. My parents are both from the North but chose to raise us in the South so I often come off with a very “Yankee” perception on life. This often confuses people but what confuses people even more is my lack of an accent from either region.
On the CofC campus I am involved in a lot of activities. I am a member of the Chi Omega Fraternity and I am very involved there. I am also a peer facilitator for a freshman leadership conference called Cougar Excursion. CE has been one of my favorite parts about being on campus. I also work off campus at King Street Grille.
I am really excited to take this sociology class I took 101 and fell in love with it!

No comments: